Welcome to UI Patterns’ documentation¶
The UI Patterns project provides 6 modules:
- UI Patterns: the main module, it exposes the UI Patterns system APIs and it does not do much more than that.
- UI Patterns Library: allows to define patterns via YAML and generates a pattern library page available at
/patternsto be used as documentation for content editors or as a showcase for business. Use this module if you don’t plan to use more advanced component library systems such as PatternLab or Fractal. Learn more
- UI Patterns Field Group: allows to use patterns to format field groups provided by the Field group module.
- UI Patterns Layouts: allows to use patterns as layouts. This allows patterns to be used on Display Suite view modes or on panels out of the box.
- UI Patterns Display Suite: allows to use patterns to format Display Suite field templates.
- UI Patterns Views: allows to use patterns as Views row templates.
Try it out¶
Download and install the Bootstrap Patterns theme on a vanilla Drupal 8 installation to quickly try out the UI Patterns module.
- Define your patterns
- Use patterns with Field Groups
- Use patterns as layouts
- Use patterns with Field templates
- Use patterns with Views
- Developer documentation
- Working with tests